1. When we met you at our Mineral pre-launch yoga event, we saw immediately your friendliness and passion for life. How do you stay motivated and positive? What advice do you have for others?
Regular physical activity boosts your confidence and improves your self-esteem, which is why I make daily workouts non-negotiable, even if it's only 30 mins. The feeling I get post-workout is what motivates me. My advice would be to find something you enjoy, for me it's pilates, and then you will always wanna show up and in return reap the benefits.
2. Do you have any advice/words of wisdom for people looking to start pilates?
Find a qualified professional and commit to 2-3 times a week taking 1:1's so you can really understand the technique and feel it on your body. If that's not possible then make sure you find a beginner's class and stick with it for at least 4 - 6 weeks.
3. What is your morning routine like?
I begin the day with tea and try to squeeze in a short Pilates workout, either mat or reformer for myself before I begin teaching. During my mid-morning break, I'll grab a smoothie.
4. Where is your favourite place to practice Pilates and why?
I love to train with my incredible mentors at equinox, I take regular 1:1s myself. In less than a year my body is stronger and longer, I swear I have grown a few inches since having a regular Pilates practice! I think it's important as a teacher to have regular practice, knowing how it feels on my body helps me to teach so much better.
5. How has your relationship with pilates and yoga evolved?
It all began by just wanting to move better and stay healthy but has evolved to be so much more than that for me. It's improved my self-esteem and deepened my relationship with myself but also it has helped me form relationships with a community of like-minded people. I swear I have grown a few inches since having a regular Pilates practice! Pilates definitely makes you stand taller.