Whether we think self-care requires writing a journal, meditating or purchasing face masks and spa treatments, expect to see more conscious conversation and education about the true purpose of self-care and how to make it more accessible.
Self-care is growing as a healthy concept because these practices are crucial to finding peace of mind and strength to win in our busy lives.
Here are Silou’s 7 tips on achieving better self-care;
1. Write a mission statement. Take a moment and create a mission statement. Refer to it when you make decisions for your personal and professional life.
2. Self-care is non–negotiable. No excuses. No more self-abandonment. The best caregiver is a healthy caregiver.
3. Prepare for self-care. Take small steps. Have a plan and a strategy for executing each small step. A dream without a plan is just a dream. The goal is for these steps to build a strong and powerful foundation for a sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
4. Put it in your diary now. Ditch the to-do list that you never get to. Instead, schedule each small step (taking that walk in the park, meditating) into your busy day.
5. No delays. Stop delaying self-care. Start doing what it takes to live your life. Do the work now.
6. Learn to say “no.” Protect yourself from over-commitment. Learn to establish limits and boundaries for your time.
7. Live in the present. Beware of distractions like spending mindless time on any kind of screen, from the computer to the TV. Enjoy and feel every breath. Strive to be more mindful.
8. No negative thoughts! Focus on your strengths. Feel self-confident and empowered. Trash any negative self-speak that begins to emerge when you feel down, anxious, or fearful. Take a deep breath and see life as a challenge. You are a warrior!